As I was mulling over the decision on what to write my article on -- yes I get started late -- I stumbled over a fascinating idea:
Is Athens ready for it's own medical school?
Truly a thought to consider. I found an article that appeared in Science Direct earlier this year. The idea is do medical students benefit from a community oriented learning approach? Athens certainly has it's fair share of those in need of medical care. With increased numbers in ARMC's emergency room (and figures for St. Mary's to be available tomorrow!) it's entirely possible that the Classic City is finally ready to teach doctors and nurses. But how soon? As the area grows and outward expansion hits new highs, can we wait? Let's see what University officials, hospital management and maybe a few pre-med students have to think about this.
Monday, September 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
A med school? Wow. That would be something. Do you think that would be a good thing for Athens? Would a medical school here draw in more students that would be able to assist health care in Athens? Maybe a med school would help to promote awareness of the many health needs of Athens citizens as we learned about last week in class.
Post a Comment