Friday, September 7, 2007

St. Mary's Walkaround Confirmed

So I got an e-mail back from Mark Ralston at St. Mary's today -- I'll be going on my walkthrough on Monday at 1 p.m. Ralston, although not my intitial contact, is the public relations manager at St. Mary's. I'm excited to see the facility and ask him a few of the same quesitons I asked Mike Pilcher.
One question that I believe I forgot to mention from my walkaround at ARMC was the question of whether or not the hospital saw any increased traffic from gamedays. Pilcher said that while ARMC runs the ambulance route from the stadium, the hospital actually doesn't see too much of an increase. He cited most cases as being heat exhaustion or overconsumption of alcohol as the main illnesses gameday participants suffer from. This part, of course, didn't surprise me and shouldn't surprise anyone else who has spent more than 30 minutes on campus on a hot September Saturday.
Of course with St. Mary's advertising itself all over Sanford Stadium on gamedays, I wonder if they receive increased traffic NOT by ambulance -- but rather people who decide to make the short drive to the emergency room themselves.

In response to the e-mail I received today from Prof. Thomas, I think there are great photo opportunities for those who want a challenge. Getting the clearance to photo inside a hospital might take some work, but I'm totally into that. I think the stories that can be told are endless -- especially with the many education opportunities that the hospital puts together.

For more info feel free to contact me via e-mail: dunlop.c@gmail.com.

1 comment:

Kimberly Davis said...

Colin,
I'm really impressed with your efforts so far. I also like the design of your blog--You Designer. As someone who was born in what is now Athens Regional, and has spent some not-so-fun time in hospitals, it'll be interesting to see what you can dig up that they don't want to "show off."